Friday, March 27, 2009

How great is the Spring?

I'm sure everyone feels uplifted by the sunshine we've had lately, and hopeful from seeing daffodils and crocus' blooming. I get all caught up in watching the earth come back to life again.

Tonight, I'm reading Ps 89, vs 5-8:
The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of theholy ones.
For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord? Who is like the Lord among the heavenly beings?
In the council of the hole ones god is greatly fears; he is more awesome than all who surround him.
O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are might, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.


The Psalm goes on to talk about how God has power over all of creation. Pretty cool stuff, really. I like the image of him stilling the waves and creating things. It makes me feel peaceful and full of awe.

I'm starting a class next week on Isaiah, so that's going to occupy my studying for a while. It's been a long (very long) time since I've taken a class, so if you're praying, offer up a line to help me have a clear head!

No comments:

Post a Comment