Sunday, March 1, 2009

Psalm 91

This is the second verse suggested by my friend, Suzie (my brother's gf).

Ps 91, 1-2:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

I love this imagery of dwelling in the shelter of God. Think about what that would be like, to be right there, sheltered by the creator of the universe. It's akin, for me, to sitting on my Daddy's lap when I was scared as a child. It's like getting a warm hug from Mom when things are rotten. It's like a sweet moment with my husband or son, when it's unexpected and totally selfless.

Thankfully, I've had all of those other shelters in my life, and I've often felt God's shelter, too. What a blessing this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment