Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cast all your Cares

My friend, Suzie, sent me a great email that I read this morning. She sent along 2 excellent verses for me to ponder, and I'm going to use them one at a time for my devotions. Today's verse is Ps. 55:22: Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

This Psalm shows the writer in great despair (David is really very dramatic a lot of the time), and he talks about how his thoughts trouble him, his enemies surround him, and his companion, his close friend, has betrayed him. Then, about 2/3 through the Psalm we see the hope.

It starts with vs. 16: But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and he hears my voice. He ransoms me, unharmed, from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. God, who is enthroned forever, will hear them and afflict them.

I don't really have people who are enemies, but as I said before, my enemies are boredom, despair and being overwhelmed by the journey ahead of me. Thing is, with God on my side, I needn't fear any of it. So far I'm not bored, I'm not despairing, and I'm not, at this moment, overwhelmed.

I'm doin' ok.

1 comment:

  1. My greatest enemy is the unknown. It can be very difficult letting that one go. I admire your faith in recognizing your three enemies for what they are and not letting them "win" as it were.

    ReplyDelete