Sunday, February 22, 2009

Encouragement

I have to admit I've been a little blue today. I woke up with a bit of a cold, and it's discouraging. I'm weak, tired, clogged up, draining badly (makes it harder to sleep- as if I needed that!), and just generally feeling fidgetty w/o being able to really do anything!

Here is what I did manage to do today, despite my blues:
  • Walk 3-5 steps further with the walker than ever before
  • Take a nap on the couch, out of my recliner! Say yay!
  • Open all the bandages for about 1/2 an hour and let it all air out - feels good!
  • Get Si to help me clean off the guest bed for a little while. I think I might try sleeping in that bed tomorrow night- say yay again!
  • Open the Bible again for inspiration, and behold, I find encouragement on every page. So many good verses, but I'll do just one, the last one I glanced at . . .

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

He cares for you . . . he cares for me . . . he will lift me up in due time. Sigh. What a comforting thought to go to sleep with.

No comments:

Post a Comment