Thursday, February 19, 2009

taking refuge

Psalm 57

Have mercy on me, O god, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wing until the disaster has passed.

I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.
He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly puruse me;
god sends his love and his faithfulness.



I can take refuge in these things, knowing that God will use this time for my benefit. I had a great conversation with one of my dearest, oldest, most special friends this afternoon. (Hi Scott!) We've shared so much over the years, and I've always been able to tell him anything and everything. He lives in Oak Park, IL now, and is studying to be a Unitarian Universalist Minister. His beliefs and faith are different from mine on many levels, but his grace, compassion and kindness know no boundaries.

As I was talking to Scott today, I was finally able to vocalize what I've been thinking these last few days: God didn't cause this to happen, but I know that He loves me, and that He can use these circumstances to bless me greatly. I really believe that, too. I just have to allow myself to be blessed in this. I need to allow God into my life again, spend time with Him regularly, and see what happens.

In short, if I cry out to Him, he will save me, again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment