Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Memory verses, wk 2

I neglected to post the memory verses from week 2, so I'll post them now.

Isaiah 26: 3-4
The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in thee. Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord we have an everlasting Rock.

Trust - it is hard sometimes. I've heard people say - if you can't trust the one who made you, who can you trust? But here's my roadblock . . . I'm not overly impressed with the functioning of my body, ya know? It doesn't hold together well, it has a lot of flaws (heart, gall bladder, hearing, legs diff lengths, etc), and frankly, I have some issues.

So faith takes more than some kind of blind trust in some kind of sugar daddy in the sky. I have to keep my mind steadfast. I have to CHOOSE to trust Him because He has kept his promises . .. on the larger scale. I have to remember that when I am living for Him, things work out better overall than when I'm living for comfort, or ease, or work, or myself.

I have an everlasting (eternal) Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment