Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Memory verses, wk 3

Here is this week's memory verse list:

Is. 40: 27-31
Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel, my way is hidden from the Lord, and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God?"
Do you not know? have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

God will not get tired and stop caring for you. He is eternal, and will always understand your needs. He will build you up. I love the end of this passage - and I know a song for it. It deserves songs, for it's a wonderful thing. If you wait upon the Lord He will renew your strength.

Teach me, Lord, to wait.


Is 46: 9-10
Remember the former things long past. For I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like Me. Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying "My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure."


Is 55: 11
So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

God's word will always accomplish what He intends. That is a vast, hard to grasp idea for me. So absolute.

No comments:

Post a Comment